Nestled in an idyllic Alpine valley in the canton of Graubünden, the charming village of Lenzerheide lies at 1473 meters above sea level. It serves as the gateway to an impressive network of 300 kilometers of hiking trails and 225 kilometers of perfectly groomed slopes in the renowned winter sports paradise of Arosa-Lenzerheide. The Bike Kingdom Park attracts mountain bikers from all over Switzerland and the 3.8-kilometre-long “Light Rider” slope provides unforgettable night-time sledging fun.
Lenzerheide unfolds its charm at any time of year. In summer, the active public is tempted by exciting bike tours and hikes. Afterwards, the refreshing Heidsee lake offers a welcome cooling dip. In winter, skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers, toboggan fans and cross-country skiers enjoy the numerous possibilities the region has to offer.
Lenzerheide in summer
Whether you like cycling, hiking, experiencing culture or spending time with your family – the Lenzerheide vacation region offers unforgettable experiences and perfect relaxation for active people and connoisseurs alike. Breathtaking mountain peaks, green alpine meadows and the crystal-clear Heidsee lake await you in the middle of the sunny high valley.
With over 170 kilometers of marked hiking trails and varied bike routes, Lenzerheide offers a multitude of opportunities to explore nature in summer. Cosy mountain huts, idyllic fireplaces and a large selection of restaurants in the village invite you to linger and enjoy.
The varied bike region of Lenzerheide offers a suitable experience for every riding style, from relaxed tours to challenging routes. With a total of 300 kilometers of signposted bike tours and over 1,000 kilometers of GPS routes, you can explore the most beautiful and remote corners of the Lenzerheide vacation region. The bike park, which leads from the Scharmoin middle station to the Rothorn valley station, is the highlight for all downhill enthusiasts with its five different downhill routes.
Lenzerheide in winter
What also sets Lenzerheide apart in winter is its all-day sunshine: the two sides of the valley offer winter sports enthusiasts a 360-degree sun experience, as they are bathed in sunlight in the morning and afternoon. The snow-sure ski resort Arosa-Lenzerheide impresses with 225 kilometers of groomed slopes that extend up to 2,865 meters above sea level. Wide pistes and steep slopes are sure to delight winter sports enthusiasts. For special adventures on the slopes, there are offers such as SnowNight, full moon descents and Early Bird.
Fantastic mountain scenery with 56 kilometers of cross-country ski trails: whether classic style or skating, there is something for every style of cross-country skiing. Part of the trail in Lantsch/Lenz is floodlit in the evening so that cross-country skiing is also possible at night. Two floodlit toboggan runs and a 3-kilometre-long night run on Alp Stätz also provide adventure.
For people who prefer a quieter pace, there are over 80 kilometers of winter hiking trails in the Lenzerheide area with seven designated routes just waiting to be explored.
Highlights in Lenzerheide
- The Parpaner Rothorn extends at an altitude of 2865 meters above sea level and offers a breathtaking view of over 1000 other peaks.
- The unique 7.2-kilometer Globi hiking trail presents 13 exciting stations, making it a special feature in Switzerland.
- With five routes of varying difficulty, the Bike Kingdom Park attracts mountain bikers from all over Switzerland who are looking for a challenge.
- The Arosa Lenzerheide ski area has 225 kilometers of slopes and 7 snowpark areas that captivate snow sports enthusiasts.
- The squirrel forest links Lenzerheide with the Heidsee lake via a 1-kilometer squirrel trail and thus offers a unique combination of nature experience and relaxation.
- The largest Marble run in Switzerland stretches over 250 meters in Lenzerheide and promises both young and old visitors an incomparable fun factor.
- The 3.8-kilometre-long “Light Rider” slope in Lenzerheide is a temptation for night sledging. With a combination of tobogganing, light art and playful elements, multi-sensory light installations provide a completely new night-time tobogganing experience.
Video Lenzerheide Heidsee Lake Winter